WELCOME

creation offers the opportunity to take from the table all that we ever need so we can acheive the best we ever dreamed. Thanks for visiting here.

"I confirm the subscription of this blog to the Paperblog service under the username biolaephesus60"

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

MEMORIES

I am pleased to remember,

those nights I loved you,

I am scared to count,

the costs of loving you,

How shall I remember?

your first sunny smile

your first faltering step

When you called me Mama?

I am quick to remember,

your first day at school,

your first lessons of love,

How can I not remember?

your first wet kiss

when I kissed your toes

as you stubbed it at life?

I am happy to remember,

when lessons by candle light

we tried to make the grade

as you learned to sharpen

your wit and intellect,

How can I not remember?

as we planned and hoped

that the gold will come

entwined in a joint dream.

I am pained to remember

when you had naught

to remember your need

to make as good a nest as me

you took flight and left

to make nest for another

Now gray and old

from light slumber

I watch the sun golden

In what I’m beholden

now I remember and wonder

as your seed takes steps

from one toothed smile

of sunny wonder

fresh springs of blossoms

a single wet sloppy kiss

an exchange of another age

the word moves to another

‘Granma’ for ‘Mama’.

No comments:

Post a Comment